Sunday, February 27, 2011

***If this ends up being shorter, we're heading to Albuquerque today for exchanges..... we're at a different library and were told we only get 20 minutes! I'll type fast!!!! Sorry if there aren't any pics this week! :)
First off..... Steph! Thank you so much for the Cd's! We love them!!!! I've really come to learn on a mission how much music affects you.  It really humbled me! Thank you!!!
I love you and am praying for you.
The first song we listened to was Temporary Home, by Carrie Underwood.  I remember how much it impressed me months ago at Sister McDermed's funeral.  But listening to it now really leveled me.  It really helped me to see that this really is just a stop, on the way to where we're going.  :) We'll all be on the other side together..... and the end isn't the end.

How are you my amazing family?!?! :) I love you all so much!!! How is life going? I know it's busy! But keep taking it easy and taking it in!!! :)

I finished reading D&C this morning, and section 138 really stuck out to me and has left me feeling different this morning.  It talks so much of the spirit world, and a verse that stuck out to me spoke about choice spirits chosen to serve as missionaries in the spirit world.  I couldn't help but remember Chris Dorius.  That was all so long ago it feels like a dream.

His example still stands out to me.  I was overwhelmed with just feeling he is doing this same work on the other side.  I KNOW that when Christ comes again, he will have the chance to have and raise a family, and be with them forever.  But I know, for now, he is just serving an extended mission.  I admire his strength.  I know Grandpa and Grandma Gardner are excellent missionaries over there, using the strong testimonies they gained in this life.  How neat to be serving along side prophets of old in this great work.  I am so proud of those working on the other side of the veil and am honored to know them.

I have come to gain a strong firm faith and testimony in the plan of salvation. 
I KNOW this isn't it.

This is just one stop on the way to where we're going and we need to make the most of it.  I can't wait for the day when we are all at our destination peacefully together on the otherside.  :) What an incredible thing to look forward to.

This week has been incredible!
Estrella will be baptized this sunday!!! :) I am SO very excited for her.  It's such a neat feeling to have seen someones progression from start to finish.  To truly be a tool in the Lord's hand. I love that girl and she will be a friend for life! She has been so strong! And truly let this be a conversion in her life! I am so proud of her!!! I am amazed at her testimony! She has overcome so much.  She's 18 yet she's stronger than most adults I know.  She truly is applying this and letting it change her life.  She's been through a lot.  I am so excited for her.  Last night we were able to meet with her and plan all her last preparations.... to reconfirm on the power of baptism. I am so proud of her.  I love her.

We have been blessed with working with SO many incredible people this week!! I cannot believe how much our lessons have changed as we've strived for exact obedience and perfect diligence.  We've truly learned to work with the spirit and we literally can't keep up with the work!!! We have SO many incredible investigators we are working with on changing their lives and all of them are progressing down the path!!! There are just plain TOO many good people in Santa Fe!!! :) haha.  What an incredible blessing!! I PRAY I have more time here.  I love this place.  It's become a part of me and I love these people.  I hardly want to come up for air! I just want to spend my life serving them!!!

I love you all and I want you to know your savior LIVES and he LOVES you. 
I LOVE YOU.
I am running out of time so I'll send this quick.

Please know you are in my prayers.
Se fuerte.

No comments:

Post a Comment