Monday, July 11, 2011

cuantas bendiciones

Mi familia!

Como estan!

Wow. This week has been the craziest of my mission.   But it’s been good.  It’s been strange having those around us leave and now covering a whole stake.  It’s taken some adjustment… but I feel closer to the Savior than ever before.   I know He is near.  And he has great things ahead in these last few months here and in life every after.

We really dug out this week.  I have never felt the spirit so close… so constantly.  I have slept better and been so much happier and more content.

We really cleaned our apartment for the first time in probably more than a few years.  It really helped our repore with the members we live with. And it helped us so much too. A clean fresh start.
We cleaned up the area books and have spent a lot of time in counsel with our Branch President and ward mission leader this week trying to decide where to begin.  President Miller has helped so much as well.  I feel so good about it.  It’s overwhelming covering the whole stake… but it’s really opened my eyes and made me step up to the potential I know Heavenly Father expects in me. 

We have found so many neat people this week. 

It has been neat to feel the spirit strongly confirm the people we need to focus on this transfer.  And they are finally starting to progress. 

Miracle for the week:

For the first time in my life, I was able to teach a random stranger about the gospel and have them progress and listen. 

I know Heavenly Father guides our lives and has a purpose for everything.

He is one of our investigators friends and has strong roots in his Christian beliefs.  He was in the car with one of the other friends as she came to argue with us for teaching our investigator.  As our investigator was calming her down… I decided to be christlike and let them know we love them and are not here to argue nor compete.  I asked him for his name… and small talked a few minutes.  He still wouldn’t turn his head or look me in the eye.  When he said where he was from, the ice broke.
Guatemala.

As I expressed a deep love for his people, everything changed. 
We spent a few minutes talking about the beautiful things of the culture… the people… the language…

The ice melted away.  He’s old enough to be my dad, but he truly is my spirit brother.
He was able to comfortably ask more about the church and we discussed each others beliefs. 
Listening and love changed everything with him. 

Before we left… I talked with him about the book of Mormon… and how it IS the reason I have such a love for his people… in so many ways.  He accepted a copy and seemed intrigued.  He loves the scriptures so much and is always teaching me more incredible things about the bible. 

And he is finally reading the book of Mormon.

I don’t know when… but I know he will come.
That was the first time I have ever played the first part… that first step… and I feel so honored.
I know Heavenly Father has guided my life. 

I can’t believe how many was Guatemala has opened doors for the Lord’s work on my mission. 
He truly has the big picture.

How many blessings I would be deprived of if I had never come. 

I will be eternally grateful for everything that led me here. 

Alberto Marves… cuando tu leas esta carta… quiero que digas a mi tia de Guatemala que sin ella, yo no iba servido una mision.  Seeing the youth of Guatemala… and the spreading forth and blessings of the gospel many years after she and my aunt Amy Jardine (Knight) had served changed me. 
Seeing so many great examples.

It’s been the strongest prompting in my life and I am so grateful to have the opportunity to be here. 
The experiences memories and friendships I have gained here will be with me forever. 

I love the Lord.
I love my mission.
I LOVE the book of Mormon and the many lives it has changed.
I love YOU all.
Big hugs.
Love,

Sister Jardine

pics:
Sister Missionary hang out. :) ja.. all of us today for p-day before we came to email. 
branch baby shower w- our wml's wife and investigators
diaper eating taste test...gag
Father son and Mother pic ja. :)
New skies. New Chapters... change is hard but it's how we grow. :)






 

No comments:

Post a Comment