Saturday, January 15, 2011

How are you all this week??


This week has been another amazing week in Santa Fe. We find out about transfers on Saturday. I really hope we are both staying, but we'll always follow wherever we're called. I love my companion and I love this area so much. She is so strong and such an example for me. It's been a rough week for her and it breaks my heart. Keep her in your prayers. I love her. I feel so blessed to have seen and been a part of the turn around here. I am absolutely amazed. Our numbers as a branch for sacrament meeting have been in the 30's.... last sunday we had over 70. I am so amazed at how it has turned around. These people are incredible and have become even closer to us and each other. I can't tell you the miracles we've had bringing members to visit one another and strengthening one another. It's been incredible!!! I love the members here. 


One incredible story....


We were able to meet a sweet sister from Guatemala who has been inactive for over 7 years. We had an appointment with her last week.... as we talked, her pain unfolded. I can only imagine what she's been through. Her tears at the pain of past years. As we gave her a hug and talked to her.... she felt like family. Sister Perez made the note afterward that it was an overwhelming feeling of answering someone's prayers.... I know someone had been praying for her and I am so grateful to be Heavenly Father's hand and show her his love. She's been working 2-3 minimum wage jobs at a time to singlehandedly put her 6 children through school down there. All strong members of the church. Some of which attended EFY while I was down there! How sad is it that I have seen her children more recently than she has. She has become family to us. I absolutely love her and don't know how she's done it. After we met, she stayed to help us set up for an activity. She didn't want to go home. She's been to church and been a great help since. She is now a strong active member of the church! She's incredible. I love her. We've cried and laughed with her. And she will be someone I will always stay in touch with.


I love you all so much and pray for you daily.
Please be strong and know I love you.
I'm out of time, backed up at the library.
Love you and talk to you next week.
 
Sister Jardine

No comments:

Post a Comment