Friday, October 14, 2011

I Know Why I Am Here



I know why I am here...
Both in the mission and in life.
And it is such a calm feeling. 

I know where I'm going...
both after this life, and after my mission.
And I am looking forward to home.  :) I know that there is still good ahead. 

I love the quote by Jeffrey R. Holland,

"Faith is for the future.  Faith builds on the past, but never longs to be there."

I know the future is good.  :) I am excited for it.  I will do my best to set good goals and follow my Heavenly Father... and enjoy every minute of it! :)
Both in the mission these last few weeks, and for my life there-after.

Mommy always tells me... but I know it.  :) LIFE IS GOOD!


Miracle of the week:

I know there is a reason I am here.
From serving here over the past months and year.... I have come to know and understand truly and exactly why I was called to serve here, in the New Mexico Albuquerque Mission.  I love it with all my heart.  I have met people that have changed my life... and it's scary to think how different my life would be had I served anywhere else.
This was my place. This IS my place.  And it forever will be my place.  It will always hold a special place in my heart. 
More specifically though... I have gained a testimony this week that THIS is my place, for my last few precious weeks.  There is a reason I am here.  And I am learning why.
Most incredible miracle of my mission:

As Sister Gomez and I pulled into our new 'home' in upper valley El Paso, we both felt overwhelmingly that there is a reason we are here, together.  We were reassured by President Miller's words reedifying it, and even our ward members and their encouragement.  They are SO happy to have sisters.  Our bishop has repeatedly told us he knows and feels there are so many good things ahead. We feel so blessed.  So many incredible people prayed us here. Some who knew they were praying, and some who didn't. 
The best birthday present I ever had:
Damaris
Last week as I told you member of the bishopric's brother in law passed away.  He was shot and killed in Juarez.  We were asked to sing at the funeral.  It was chilling, and yet peaceful to help a family through the situation. 
And death can be like someone opening the door to outside.  Everyone still in the room misses the person that left... but they can feel the breeze from outside the door left... and it leaves them wondering where it came from.  
Damaris was one of those people.  
We went over on my birthday, the 5th, last week to help out the family as best we could and teach Yolanda, the aunt, who had begun taking the lessons.  
Damaris is 18 and she had been visiting from ohio.  She was very close to her cousin who was killed.  She is a very mature and strong girl.  And just plain innately GOOD.  
As we taught Yolanda about the Book of Mormon and the restoration, Damaris listened.  Intently.  We gave her a Book of Mormon and well and left them to read alma 40.
As we came back the next day to teach them the plan of salvation, Yolanda hadn't had a chance to read, but Damaris had.  WOW.  I have NEVER seen someone soak in so much truth so quickly.  The following day, we came back, and though Yolanda wasn't able to be there, Damaris was ready and waiting.  We spoke of baptism, and she was reassured. She wanted it so badly.  She had so many questions.  We finally knelt and she gave the most heartfelt prayer I have ever heard.  Seeing her tears of comfort really changed me. 
I think this was the first time in my mission I ever truly understood the message we bring. 
To many we bring them their footing before they need it, before it's pulled out from under them through trials and they land on the gospel.  
For her..... it was the salve to an aching soul. 
I know her cousin Jairo, who just barely passed through the veil was her missionary.  Is her missionary.  Through his passing she has gained the gospel... and in a year the family is planning on doing his work as well. 
She recieved a strong answer, and if all goes well, she will be an official member of the church this Saturday.  She came to El Paso for a 2 and a half week vacation.... a visit for her cousin's funeral.  But she's going home with the gospel, equipped with the tools to make it to our real home.  And her branch in Ohio is excited to meet her.  :)
My birthday present this year was a loving reassurance from my Heavenly Father that miracles happen.  That He listens to our small prayers.  That good things DO happen to good people.... but often they come THROUGH trials.  He gave the the beautiful assurance that I AM making a difference... And that we ARE needed... here and now.

I love my mission.
Thank you President Miller for all both you and Sister Miller do. 
I will always love you both so so much!

And I'll keep workin hard these last few weeks! :) it's just the beginning! 

Missionary for life!
Sister Jardine


I love you so much familia of mine!
Can't wait to see you all soon!!!! :)
Keep soaking in the days and remember LIFE IS GOOD!

Love,
Linz

Juarez Mexico from our balcony... the gulley on is mexico, including the mountain... ja... don't worry mom... i was promised i'll be okay :) I'll see ya in a few weeks.

missionary feet! :) ja... and beautiful aftermath of summer tan-lines


Maggie and Zaira! :) one of our investigators... we shared a birthday party! :)

Momma Mora! :)

The Gonzales's gave us missionary build-a-bears for our birthdays!  SUPER CUTE! :)

1 comment:

  1. Ja! Jardine, I know you won't see this for a couple more weeks, but this just makes me happy! It's good to see that you're handling the idea of coming home better than I did. And you are dang close to Mexico...and our mom's thought Horizon was bad! Love you and see you soon!

    ReplyDelete