Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Wednesday, Jun 17, 2010

Mi Querida Familia!

I love and miss you all so much! :) How has your week been? It's been an amazing week here at the MTC. Thank you SO much for your package and letters! :) I loved them! Especially the rock from and wood from St. George. I felt like I was right there at Pioneer Park with you! ;)
This week has been great! I LOVE our Zone and especially our district.  The oldest district in our zone left for their mission field this week! And we got a brand new district of 11 elders! Putting our zone at about 40 Elders and 5 Hermanas all learning spanish and heading across the states, central and south america! I love them all. :) Our Branch Presidency is great too! President Kreuger and his wife are so kind and loving.  I haven't met his counselor Brother Petersen yet because they've been out of town, but Brother Palmer and his wife are great! Their son served with Parker in Hong Kong, and he served in the same mission as you Dad! I love hearing the stories of Alaska and thinking of you. I would love to hear more about your mission!
The days here are great, we do everything as a zone.  The average missionaries schedule.  Our P-Day is Wednesdays where we have  a few hours to write letters and do laundry etc.  We also get to go to the temple (until it closes for July).  The rest of the days of the week are packed with Gym (very fun! Our zone has a huge game of volleyball! It's a blast!) meals, devotionals, meetings and plenty of study time! :) I LOVE it!!! And language study is my favorite! We've really learned how to push ourselves and it's been amazing! I can understand just about anything, but I've got a ways to go on speaking.  Practice is helping though! I had to give the prayer in spanish last sacrament meeting and somehow I did it! I am so grateful for the blessings Heavenly Father has given us.  We also had our first teaching appointment this week with mock investigators.  It was hard in spanish but somehow we did it!! :) I'm so glad I have this time at the MTC to practice and work hard to prepare myself for the field.  My time here is 1/4 of the way done today!! I can't believe it! I will miss it!!
So how was St. George? How is life at home without school? I love hearing about everything!!! :)
Dad, HAPPY FATHERS DAY!!! I am so grateful to be a part of your family.  I look up to you and love you so much! Thank you for teaching me and preparing me to be here.  I really admire you and how you do things.  Like I said before, everytime I'm struggling here, I think of how you'd act and it pushes me to work harder! I'd love to hear more of  your mission stories and advice! How is the new trainee coming? How's work? How are you? I hope you are having a good day.  Know I love you.
Mom! Thank you so much for your kind words and the package! :) We have a nice pantry of food now ;) It really means a lot!!!!! :) And thanks for the Nylons!!! They are my worst nightmare and one of the only things I dislike about all this! haha. But thanks for the good ones ;) How are you? How are all my other mothers? Let them know I love them!! I loved the letter from Steph, it meant so much to me! And tell Brenda and Joleen everyone asks about my stylish attire! ;) Thank them so much for me.  How is life at home? How are YOU? I love to hear anything and everything from you.  Thank you for writing.  I love you so much.
Lauren!!! How are you?! Thank you so much for your letter! :) How is life? How is Sacrament boy? Work? Everything! Please keep in touch! I love hearing from you!!! Dear Elder or handwritten letters are my favorites.  I'd love to hear how you are.  I love you. :)
Taylor!! How is Dental Assisting coming? The ACT? How was your birthday!!! I love you and hope you had an amazing day! I want to hear all about it!!!
Master Dillon!!!!!!! :) How is my little man?! I'm glad you got my letter! I loved your picture!!! I will mail you a letter every wednesday!!!! I love and miss you so much!! But know I love you and am always thinking of you.  I have a fun package for you I'll mail next week.  And I would LOVE to teach you some spanish!!!! te quiero means I love you!! And I do!!! Watch some Dora the explorer for me and keep being good! I love you!!!
Well, I don't have much time, but I'd like to share with you a little of the thing I learned most this week.  I found my new favorite hymn.  It's number 88- Placentero nos es trabajar, in the spanish hymn book, it doesn't exist in the english one.  I LOVE it.  It talks of serving in the Lord's vineyard and how the time is now! I LOVE it and it pushes me to work harder! In a devotional last night Elder Hallstrom talked about the scripture 1 Sam 17:48, where David RAN to conquer Goliath.  He could have been scared, he could have hesitated, but he knew the Lord was with him and would provide.  I know the same is true in our lives.  I know the Lord will guide me even though I have no idea what's ahead.  I know he will guide you in your struggles.  But we can't hesitate, we must run forward!!!! :)
You guys are in my prayers every night.  I love you so much and will work hard so I can see you again someday soon! I'll send some letters!! Please keep writing and know I love you so much.  I can't thank you enough for all you do for me. 
Estoy muy agradecido por ustedes, mi querida familia.
Les quiero,
Hermana Jardine
 

No comments:

Post a Comment