Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Hola familia! Como estan? So, two quick things, first, the enter key doesn't work on this computer, so this will be one giant paragraph.. :) And second, I typed up a nice long email, and then it kicked me out and I lost my time..  but in the process to reset it, I got to be in the same building as the first presidency and twelve apostles! :) So, I won't complain..  The feeling there was just so incredible! It's the Mission President's Seminar this week which means the first presidency and twelve apostles train and teach a hundred or so new mission presidents for five days before they go into the field..  My new mission president is on the list! Hopefully I'll get to meet them ;)   Well, this week has been absolutely incredible..  Never in my life have I learned so much, and felt so changed in just one week! This week is one that has etched into my soul simple truths that I've always known, but now I FEEL with all my heart, and they are the reason I am HERE..  I know and feel my purpose!!! On Sunday as we watched 'Music and the Spoken Word', they depicted a video of families to the song 'Love is Spoken Here'..  A primary song I've heard a million times through growing up in the church, but this week, it hit deeper into my soul than anything has before..  I got choked up..  Mom, Dad, Lauren, Taylor, and Dillon..  I LOVE you..  I am SO honored to be a part of your family..  I love you..  I KNOW there is NOTHING more important in this life or the life to come than our loving families and families to come..  NOTHING..  I know it so strongly I am EAGER to go to New Mexico and share that message with anyone and everyone who will listen..  Dillon, I want you to know I love and miss you so much..  I know it is so hard to be away from those you love, and you mean the WORLD to me! :) You're my little man..  I came on my mission not because I don't love or miss you, or wanted an adventure to go on, but because I love you SO much! And there is a little boy, just like you in New Mexico somewhere, that maybe doesn't have a family, or know Jesus loves him, or know that he can live with his family forever! I am SO blessed to know that I can live with my family FOREVER! :) I love you Dillon and will NEVER leave you, no matter time or place..  I love you.. :) Heavenly Father called me on a mission to teach that little boy so he can be baptized like you..  And when I meet him, I will tell him all about my brother at home, how much I love him, and how I can't wait to see him again and give him the biggest hug! :) But that just like my family is mine forever, his can be too! I love you all so much..  Mom, thank you for teaching me with love..  For comforting me in your arms of love every time my heart ached..  For picking me up whenever I was down..  You are such an example to me of lifting those you have fallen and showing them Christlike love..  Dad, I  love you so much, thank you for raising me in righteousness..  Teaching me to walk in the light and showing me the way by how you lived..  You have firm faith, and are one of the most diligent hard working people I know..  I know your life is FAR from easy at times..  But thank you, for ALL the sacrifices you've made on my behalf..  My eyes are open more every day to how much you've gone through for ME..  How much you love me by all you've done for me..  I love you so much..  Thank you for being my example and hero..  Taylor.. I love you so very very much, and I don't tell you enough..  I cherish the memories of working with you at the REACH program..  Seeing your loving patience with kids who are struggling..  You have a big heart and one of the best hugs..  You are so kind patient and peaceful..  You are such an example to me..  I love you so much and know you will make an amazing mom someday!!!! You are such a hard worker, you will come so far with school and goals and go so far in life! Lauren, words can't describe how much you mean to me..  I love you SO much..  I know you're at a difficult time in life right now, and may feel alone at times, but please know I am ALWAYS there..  I'm grateful to be your sister..  You are such an example to me of giving your whole heart to your purpose and work in all you do..  You never leave a job half done..  That example has stuck with me here in missionary work..  You inspire me..  You will always be someone my soul is close to, no matter time and distance..  I want you all to know how much you mean to me..  How much I absolutely love you and pray for you every night..  I can feel my heart changing and feel the words of that song, "Love is spoken here'..  I know and feel my purpose as a missionary and can't help but share and spread that love, His love..  Lowell Snow of the Seventy spoke to us on Sunday and stated 'you don't prepare lessns [here], you prepare yourselves..  I feel more prepared every day..  I LOVE this work, and will do it more diligently that I may return with honor someday, knowing I lived worthy of all the blessings God has and will give me..  I don't have much time left to email, but the temple is closed now so we have longer p-days and more time to write letters..  I'm going to send a package home today, so Dillon look for it in the mail in a few days!!! :) Thank you all so much for writing me..  I LOVE hearing how you all are, how home is and what you are going through in life..  Please keep writing! It means the world to me! Oh! And Tell Brenda to Tell Andrew Hult that Elder Terry is in my Zone! They're good friends, and we both look up to Andrew.. ;) I've seen so many great familiar faces here, friends from high school and college, and even home..  Elder Lundberg is in the classroom next to mine, he is such an example to me..  Of someone who has overcome trials to be here and is truly Christlike..  I have so many great examples, here, and friends and loved ones at home..  I will keep working hard and give this work my ALL! Les amo mi querida familia (I love you my dear family)..  muchas gracias por todo!! Until next week, Hermana Jardine

No comments:

Post a Comment