Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Wednesday, June 9, 2010


Mi quierida familia!,
Thank you for your kind words and support. :) It was harder than I thought it would be to say goodbye to you all.  I want you to know how much you truly mean to me.  I am so grateful to be part of such a wonderful family and be sealed to such great friends for life!! :) I miss you so much and you are always on my mind but I am doing SO well and loving my time here. :)
They having a saying here, which you've probably heard, that the days pass like weeks and the weeks like days.  I am here to tell you that is TRUE! :) I've only been here a week, but SO much has changed! I'VE changed, and I've LEARNED so much! If my mission were to end today, I would be a different, better version of myself.  And I'm so grateful I have 18 months of more learning and growing experiences. 
I LOVE my companion and district!  It consists of me, my companion Hermana Werner (going to the San Diego spanish speaking mission and 10 Elders.  I've inherited 10 little brothers. :) Two are going to Dominican Republic, 6 are going to San Diego with my companion, and two are coming with me to New Mexico.  It's fun to see everyone's different personalities and backgrounds come together.  I've also never felt so respected in my life! haha. They treat us hermanas like gold! :) They stand everytime we come to sit down until we do, and take our trays at every meal.  They are great examples to me! I almost got pushed to a district leaving earlier but I'm so grateful to stay with these people that have come to mean so much to me so quickly! They feel like family. We've all helped each other so much.  
My companion is great. :) Haha, she's funny.  A little like a cactus I say ;) Prickly to the eye, but the prettiest flowers ;) haha. Cheesy I know. No, she's great. :) She's really quiet but when she feels comfortable she is hilariously blunt and sarcastic. :) She's not very warm and  fuzzy but I'm breaking her in ;) haha. I think I drive her crazy with hugs, 'I love you's' and yes, chin tickles. :)  haha. Pobre Hermana Werner.  She's from Provo and studied at BYU.  We played basketball against each other.  She's a Linguistics major and has studied Finnish, Russian, Mandarin and now Spanish.  I have a LOT to learn from her!!! :D
Our teacher is AMAZING! Hermana Rivera from Mexico.  She pushes us and it's helped so much! We learn only in spanish now, and are able to pray and bare testimony in spanish.  I'm so grateful for my love for the language and people.  It drives me to study harder on the hard days and to give my all to the work knowing what my purpose is.  I'm grateful to help share that image with those around me. 
Mom, YES the tights are killing me!!! :) haha. I am definitely your daughter ;) (Speaking of which, if you could send me some more, some black and tan thigh highs along with my basketball shorts that would be well appreciated! ;) Thank you so much for your letters though Mom, they mean the most to me.  I love hearing how you are and am so grateful your my mother. :) Thanks for being a good example to me.
Dad, I LOVE your letters.  I wish I had more time to tell you how much they mean to me.  Everywhere I turn here, it's neat to think you were here too.  I always wonder what you would have done, and it pushes me to work harder.  Like you said, it's been EXTREMELY humbling to me.  Especiall serving stateside.  But I have never known more than I do now that God lives and directs our paths.  I'm so grateful for this learning experience and for the opportunity to share what I've been given, what you and mom gave me.
Lauren!!!!!!! PLEASE write more.  I opened your letter the first night and cried! I LOVED it.  I have two more minutes or I'd write you a huge email telling you how much you mean to me.  I will write you a letter.
Taylor!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I can't believe how grown up you are!! Are you excited to be a senior? Excited for Dental assisting? Tell me all about it!
Dillon! Man I miss you little guy! Your letter is hanging in my room!!! I miss you so much, please write me all the time and tell me everything!!
Estoy agradecida por su, mi quierida famila.  Les amo.  Estoy agradecida por mi oportunidad de servio un mision.  Yo se que nos Salvador vive!  Y El nos ama.  Yo se que Jose Smith Restauro el evangelio.  Yo so que las familias son eternas y estoy agradecida ensenar este mensaje.  Digo estas cosas en el nombre de Jesucristo amen.
I love you family.  Thank you for all you do.  I wish I had more time to write.  My p-day is Wednesdays so I will write again then! But PLEASE keep writing any and all the time you have time and something to say! I LOVE hearing from you! It gets me through the days! :)
I love you. 
I will work hard to make this time worth it and will see you soon enough. :) I wish I had more time!!! :D
You are in my heart, thoughts and prayers,
 
Hermana Jardine
 
P.S. My anticapated date to leave the MTC is August 2nd (I'm SO excited to still be here when Mandy gets here and spend time with her!!! :) 

Sister Lindsay Lorraine Jardine
MTC Mailbox # 296
NM-ALB 0802
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604-1793

No comments:

Post a Comment