Sunday, July 25, 2010

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Hola Familia!
Como fue su semana? How was your week? I haven't heard from you in a while I can imagine its busy! I hope you are all doing well! :) You are always in my prayers and I love you so much! When does school start? How's summer going? Dad's ward? I love you all and wish I could give you a BIG hug!! :)
So sorry it's so early! ;) Nothin like laundry and emailing at 6:30 AM. Today is p-day but it's going to be busier than any other day of the week! We're cleaning the temple today and teaching our investigator so it's lots of studying and hard work! But on top of that, we're about doubling our Zone size today!!! :) We're getting TWO new districts! Bringing our branch size up from 36 to 60.  Needless to say we've got a lot to do today!! :) I LOVE welcoming the new missionaries and helping them love the MTC. I love it! :)
SPEAKING of new missionaries!!!!! Sister Carter is doing AMAZING! :) She is a strength to ME! I can't believe how lucky I am to get to see her so often!!! Last p-day my companions and I were studying outside when I saw little Kyle Carter (not so little anymore)'s head bobbing up and down at the crosswalk.  I got to watch as mandy said her goodbyes and walked towards me.  She didn't see me until she was right in front of me and we just froze! I've never had such an amazing hug in all my life!! We were both crying and laughing!! I felt like the sons of Mosiah reunited again!! :) I got to wave at Steph Roger and Kyle from the distance.  It was so good. So incredible! I feel so blessed to have been there right when she got there!!! On top of that I can't believe how lucky I am to see her all the time! It's SO rare!!! But we have ALL the same meal times, gym times, P-day, and she lives 3 doors down from me!!! :) We get to spend time together everynight!! She has amazing roomates and a great companion who love her! She's doing amazing!!!! :) And we're LOVING it!!! :) I'll send pictures soon. It's so fun to think of all those times at EFY across the street and realize where we are now. What we're doing! We LOVE this week.
One thing dad asked about is what teaching is like now.  How it's changed over the years.  We had a fireside this week and I guess it's changed a lot! And STILL changing for us! They've gone away completely from memorizing anything.  They want it to be in our own words.  For a while they changed the order to talk of Christianity before the restoration but then saw how it halted progress.  That would make us hardly different from any other church.  Which we are. We're living. It's restored. It's true. I am so grateful for Joseph Smith and Thomas S. Monson.  They changed the order back and soon after came out with the Preach my Gospel program in 2004.  It's now being revised and even more changes are being made for us now.  They want us to teach even MORE in our own words and by the spririt.  To listen and help people with their individual needs. To teach them how the gospel can help them NOW.
It's so crazy to walk into an appointment having no idea what will be taught or how it will go.  But knowing you are prepared, have studied and God will direct you.  I am amazed at how incredible every appointment is! Somehow we're always able to understand the spanish and know what to say in return to help and encourage.  It is REAL!
 
I LOVE my mission!!! Its flying by too quickly! I get my flight plans this weekend. And I am anticipated to fly out on June 2nd.  I get to call from the airport so I'll let you know when in my next email!
It's going by too fast! I absolutely LOVE the MTC and all the people here!!! I will miss it SO much. But I'm so excited for the field!!!! I can't tell you how much!!! I can't believe how far we've come with teaching and the language. It's amazing and nothing makes me more happy!! I LOVE spanish!! I always have. I think back on my life and experience such as 'Wallagoop' in Kindergarden :) Nogalas Mexico on our family trip visiting Cindy, Jon & Jeralyn.  Incredible experiences with Guatemala and how it changed my life! Even the latin culture I came across in the ambulance, ER, and REACH program.  I LOVE the people. It's always been instilled in me and a feel like being here is just unfolding it.  I LOVE the language and it's coming along great!!! The gift of tongues is real!!!! I feel so blessed and lucky!!!!
My favorite scripture has become Proverbs 3:5-6.  It's become my life motto.  Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not unto your own understanding! He WILL direct your paths! But ONLY if you follow!! I can imagine times are hard sometimes.  But I love you so much family.  I feel His love for you.  Always trust in Him and guide Him! He wants to bless you!! I know He is REAL. He is THERE. The great message of the restoration and atonement is True!!! I love you so much and pray for you every day. 
Se Fuerte!!!!
Les Amo,
Hermana Jardine
 
P.S. Tell everyone thank you SO much for the letters!!! I feel so lucky to have so much incredible encouragement!!! I am sorry if I don't get many out today, I won't have much of a p-day till next week!!!
 
P.P.S.S. could you try forwarding again?
 
Thank you!!! I LOVE YOU!!! I can't wait to call you in a week and a half!!! :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment