Friday, July 9, 2010

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

I love you Family :)

How are you?? I am doing amazing and think of you all the time! Thank you all and many others for all the encouraging letters and support you give me.  I love you so very much.
I absolutely love this work! :) I cannot believe I only have less than 17 months left to do this work.  The past little over a month has felt like one second.  To think I only have less than 17 more puts it into perspective.  It's flying by so quickly.  There is so much more I want to do! Never enough time! :)

How was your fourth of July?  I was thinking of you!! I wish I could have been there!!! My next fourth of July at home Dillon Lauren and Taylor we're going to lay out on the trampoline and take in the fireworks okay? :) I love you all so much.

It was such a great day here.  I've ALWAYS loved the fourth of July, it's my favorite second only to Christmas.  I love the history legacy and feeling it brings.  And summer here is great, I love the sun and Sand Volleyball with our district everyday. This year we had a fireside on  the history of the bible and book of mormon.  William Tindale and others. I LOVE that history and am so grateful for those great men!!! :) We learned how this great land and freedoms brought forth the restoration. It was amazing. I LOVE the history.   I thought of you Dad. :) It's a passion I share with you.  The fireside was during the Carrie Underwood concert, so unfortunately we missed her mom ;) ha. But we did hear her warming up! ;) After the fireside we got to go out on the grass and see the fireworks.  I loved being there with my district, my brothers, and sharing our feelings of such a special day. :) I love it here.
I cannot believe how much my heart has grown and changed this week.  In seven short days SO much has changed.  I LOVE my district! :) First of all, starting this week we are now the oldest district in our zone.  Meaning our Zone leaders are now Elder Clipp and Elder Tipton from my zone, and I get the opportunity to serve as coordinating sister.  I really admire and look up to them.  Elder Clipp is from virginia, and is an absolute gentleman.  He has been through so much.  He had cancer, chemo and many surgeries as a little kid.  His parents are converts.  Here he's been sick with mono and I've become his mom. :) haha. Makin' him take his medicine. He is so dedicated kind and just plain fun! He is one of the most christlike kind and servicable people I know!! Lauren I wanna hook you up in a few  years!! ;) Elder Tipton is HUGE but he is a sweetheart! :) He is from Payson.  He is one of the nicest people you'll ever meet.  I love working with the two of them in our responsibilities.  We have to go on splits a lot for meetings so they've been good companions for me.  :) We have a new district coming in today and another one next week so we're busy with lots of work and I LOVE it! :) (sorry this is shorter because of that today)

There is NOTHING I love more than putting a smile on someone's face and helping those around me to feel welcome and loved.  I remember how hard those first few days were and I am honored to have the responsibility of making that  transition easier for those around me. 

I am amazed at how my heart has grown and changed.  Any doubt, fear, or bit of self consciousness I have ever had is gone.  I can feel absolute faith and trust in my Savior.  I have NEVER felt closer to Him or more sure without a shadow of a doubt that He LIVES! :) I can feel my heart being turned completely over to the Lord.  I love working my hardest to serve as he would have me!! :) I am amazed at how many I can love personally though I've known them a short time.  To help roomates who are struggling, classmates, elders in our zone, or a stranger passing.  I feel as though I'm getting a glimpse of the way the Saviour sees us and feels for us.  I LOVE the MTC! :) I know a good amount of the people here and love making new friends and helping newcomers feel welcome everyday.  The MTC has become my HOME and family.  I am so grateful to be a strength and honored the Lord would call ME to this work. I LOVE it! :) I will be sad when it ends. I want to share a quote Momma Soffe shared with me.

"When you come to the edge of all the light you know, and are about to step off into the darkness of the unknown.
Faith is knowing one of two things will happen:
There will be something solid to stand on,
Or you will be taught how to fly"
-Barbara J Winter
 
I can feel myself flying and know my Savior is guiding me.  I have no fears.  I love Him more than anything and am honored to do a small piece of his work.  I love this gospel. I love my brothers and sisters worldwide. Those who know his message and those waiting to hear it. Thomas S Monson spoke 3 times in the last ensign about praying for missionary work in places now closed and that they will open.  I know that a LARGE part of that miracle starts today with newmormon.org.  The gospel is TRUE! It is REAL! And many will seek it!  I am HONORED to be a part of this great work! I love it! I LOVE you, my family. :) More than anything. You mean the world to me.

Les quiero,
Hermana Jardine
 
P.S. If you could, I'm fresh out of black nylons...... :) bad luck.  Thank you so much for the package!!!!!! I love hearing from you all!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment